Brigantia Learning Trust understands that good governance is the bedrock of our Academy Trust.
The Trust has 3 tiers of governance: Members, Trustees/Directors and four Academy Advisory Councils. Governance at every level is made up entirely of volunteers. These individuals bring their experience and judgement, and accept accountability, not for material benefit, but for the greater public good. In particular to improve the life chances of the pupils/young people in our academies.
Each tier of governance is finely balanced to ensure there is appropriate skill, competency and experience to undertake the necessary duties of that team. Collectively they provide leadership, scrutiny and challenge to the Trust Executive Team and Academy Trust overall.
How the business of governance is organised is shown in our handbook, terms of reference, scheme of delegation and annual meeting schedule.
If you would like to become involved in Academy governance, please contact the Executive Principal for an informal discussion.
- Articles of Association March 2021
- BRIG Scheme of Delegation
- Governance Arrangements and Pecuniary Interests 2022 23 updated September 22
- Governance Handbook July 2022
- Governance Terms of Reference
- Governance Terms of Reference FRAC
- Governance Terms of Reference Remuneration
- Memorandum of Association
- Notice of Resolution 19 Dec 2019